Monday, October 22, 2018

"I want to be a traveler in this world."

I want to be a traveler in this world. Ya Allah, Ya Rahman, Most Merciful God, help me to achieve it.
Help me as this night reaches it's darkest of shades to realize that I am only a pilgrim on this earth and make me from amongst those who embrace the way of the traveler. Help me to live the advice of Your Beloved صلى الله عليه وسلم to be in this world as a traveler. Keep me from being too attached to worldly possessions and make me from those who live as true travelers would. Oh God of this pilgrimage that is my life journey, put into my heart the desire to always take the traveller's way and set my journey's destination be only the best in the world beyond this world. Help me to keep all of my senses focused on You so that whatever I encounter as I move in any direction, I draw closer to You through it.
Along the way send me only those who will be the best of helpers and make me a means of benefit for all those who I meet. Keep me from those who would cause me and harm or affliction and never let me be the cause of pain to anyone
Make my travel light and free of worldly pursuits, and make me from those who simply trust in You for all that I need. My heart sometimes feels so burdened and heavy, and sometimes it feels stronger than strong. Whether is a step of pain, perseverance, patience, or pleasure, make it a step of benefit and one that reminds me that this journey is never finished until I reach its ultimate end. Make me from the people of jannah ya Rabb.
I want to be a traveler. Ya Allah, by Your Love and Mercy make me one. Ameen.
https://www.facebook.com/khalid.latif/posts/3145343692226618

Khalid Latif

 4 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment