Friday, May 28, 2010

"Whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, they are with those whom Allah has favored..

According to a hadith narrated by the wife of the Prophet, 'Aishah, a man once came to the Prophet and said to him: "O Prophet of Allah, I love you more dearly than my wife and my children. When I am at home I remember you and immediately come to see you. When I remember that you and I will both die, I know that you will go to the Garden with the rest of the Prophets, while even if I can enter the Garden, I know that you will go to the Garden with the rest of the Prophets, I will not be able to see you!" On this occasion the Prophet did not answer at once, but waited, till this verse was revealed.

"Whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, they are with those whom Allah has favored, of the Prophets, the utterly true, and the martyrs and the righteous. They are the best of company!” (4:69)

-The Majestic Qur'an, pg. 89, fn. 210.

No comments:

Post a Comment