Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I 'dig' John Gray

I've been reading and listening to the British philosopher John Gray lately. I first heard of him from Abdal-Hakim Murad who quotes him in a number of his Contentions and articles (Imam Zaid quotes both Murad and Gray here)

Check out some of John Gray's lectures on itunes university like 'The Crisis of Global Capitalism, Ten Years On;' 'Gray's Anatomy: Thoughts on Politics, Religion, and the Meaning of Life;' There's also a video 'John Gray on Globalization' (I haven't watched that yet - but that actually was a lecture here in NYC); and there's another lecture on 'Utopian Hope and Apocalyptic Religion' relating to his book Black Mass: Apocalyptic Religion and the Death of Utopia which I just finished last night alhamdullilah and recommend :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for informing about Gray's lectures... I will listen to them inshallah. :)

    ReplyDelete